Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chapter 1

"Gizelle Hawkings! Listen up!" A loud voice boomed from my dreams. The large teddy bear was shaking his paw at me, while he melted. It was quite disturbing...and it took me quite some time to realize that It wasn't a Teddy Bear talking; it was Mr. Howard, my History teacher.
My eyes fluttered open. The bright light blinded me so I shut my lids. I honestly didn't get enough sleep last night, i kept having these strange dreams about a girl...with red hair; just falling. She never stopped falling until I woke up. The dreams woke me up each time she reached the bottom of the long hole that she was falling....But the scary thing Is, I don't think that she ever stopped falling.
"Yes?" I muttered, lifting my head and getting a good grip on my desk as I stood up. My eyes were still shut when I faced the teacher. The bright light wasn't the only thing keeping me from opening my eyes.
"Ms.Hawkings, please look at me." Mr.Howard's irritable, mocking voice echoed in my ears.
Finally, I got the nerve to open my eyes, and when I did...It wasn't pretty. Mr.Howard was turning a bright shade of red, his eyes were almost bulging past his glasses, and his hair was on it's end. He looked pretty pissed off.
"Yes, I am now," I said,  and took a gulp. Mr.Howard usually had the worst ways to get back at you for sleeping in class. I really didn't want to face the consequence. Then the words flew out of my mouth. "I couldn't sleep! That's why I'm always sleeping in class! Don't give me detention; please!?"
A thick tension filled minute later, the class erupted in laughter. I felt my face turn a bright shade of pink. How dare they mock me? I was just saying what was on my mind...and they think of it funny?
Mr.Howard's face relaxed and fell back into place. But in my mind, I saw the Cobra putting his collar down.
"You will not have such a bad punishment Giselle. But you shall have a bad one." He said, scowling at me before turning on his heel and going back to the front of the class.
I really hated it when people did that-when they just left you hanging. I felt my own fumes about to burst, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Just calm down and sit. You'll be alright." A male voice whispered in my ear. Chills ran down my spine. I whipped around to see no one there. Now, that was more scarier than the face of an angry history teacher.
I stared wide eyed at the board as I sat down. It seemed to be the only thing I could stare at that didn't have a mocking face.
Then, the board started to wobble. It looked like a ripple in water! My eyes flashed over to Mr.Howard and everyone else's. They weren't looking as worried as I at the board, they were just mumbling and grumbling to the teacher.
I clenched my fists as the board ripple to reveal a slim, pale...and red headed face. It couldn't be...the girl from my dreams? I leaned in a bit closer to see her hair start to fly upward and her eyes look around in slow motion. Her arms went upwards and started flailing. I watched her mouth two, familiar words.
"Help.Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment