Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chapter 1 (continued)

A tap on my shoulder made me jump. I turned to the side to see a boy, who's name was Devin...and who I had a major crush on.
He whispered something that I couldn't understand, and handed me a note. He smiled and turned back around to face Mr.Howard.
I felt butterflies rush in my stomach. This must be the note I was waiting for...where he would finally ask me out! I grinned as I unfolded the tightly wrapped paper and peered at the scrawled writing.
"This seems childish, but would you like to go out on a date with me tonight?" It read. My cheeks painfully burned as I stared, reading the note over and over again. I would defiantly go out on a date with Devin, it was my dream come true! I scribbled back a response and quickly threw it back at him.
I bit my lip and returned my attention to the board. The girl and the rippling hole was gone. All that remained was the old fashioned chalk board.
It had to be my imagination; since that clearly never happened in reality. Or...did it?
~

The bell rang and I darted from my seat and out the door of the terrible History class. School was finally over for summer vacation, it was a joy. I smiled as the sunlight hit my face and warmed my hair.
"I'm happy too!" My best friend, Harriet said, as she joined me in basking in the sunlight. We both closed our eyes and lied down on the soft grass. We took a moment to enjoy the sunshine before I opened my eyes and looked at the sky. It was a bright blue, with the white clouds floating and moving. The sun was in the corner of my eye, lighting the world up.
But, something caught my eye. A small, blue box was twirling amongst the clouds. Now, how would a box end up in the sky?
"Harriet, what's that?" I asked, shaking her since she had fallen asleep. She stirred and weakly opened her eyes. They widened at the sight of the blue box.
"It's probably just a balloon..." She moaned, relaxing and falling back on to the grass. She was right, it did indeed look like a balloon.
I shrugged my shoulders and stood up, dusting the grass off of the back of my pants. "Let's go now. I've got to get home, I've got a date with Devin tonight!" I cheered, lightly poking her with the toe of my boot. She giggled and stood up, dusting herself off.
"Really? You got a date with Devin? How! When? TELL ME!" She playfully demanded as we headed toward my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment