Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chapter 1 (continued.continued continued)

The air was cold and murky when I stepped out of my house to meet Devin at the park.  Harriet had already headed back home, with cell phone in hand for if I wanted to give her any details via text message.
I closed the door behind me and was silent as I walked through the concrete driveway. My adrenaline was pumping, I was excited. It was my third date since I was fourteen. The first one with a boy named Alfred Pople, and the second with my brother's friend, Derrick Hartman.  They were both nice boys, but they weren't my type, no, not like Devin.
I first fell in love with him when I dropped my books and-like a gentleman- he picked them up. That seemed to be the gold I was looking for. We chatted once in a while during class, and sometimes after school at the Writing Club. He always wrote stories about a boy meeting a girl and them going on an adventure to anywhere in the world. God, I sound like a stalker.
After the moment of daydreaming about Devin, I came back into reality to realize I was already at the park. "That was fast." I whispered, keeping my head low. The darkness made it hard to navigate my way around the plants and cobblestone. Then, ahead of me, I saw a cluster of lights in the shape of a person.
"Devin?" I called out, slowly taking steps forward. Something could of happened to him, those lights could be flashlights; that were used to beat him up! Or maybe they were-
Damn I'm crazy.
I shook my head, knowing that I was hallucinating again. But he didn't respond. I called him out again, creeping forward until I was standing over the hovering lights. Devin was in the middle of the circle, the lights starting to move over his body and cover it up.
I screamed and backed away. No, this couldn't be happening. I was hallucinating...I had to be! Just as I turned to run off, I felt a tackling pain on my ankle, forcing me to fall to the ground. I looked at my feet to see a few of the lights grip on to my leg. They started to grow and black teeth popped out of nowhere. I screamed again and continued to back up. The pain was growing on my foot, it started to spread to my leg; which was feeling numb.
I started to cry, knowing I was probably going to end up like Devin, dead and being eaten by lights! How is that even possible!?
Just as the pain reached my thigh, I felt pressure under my shoulders and the feeling of being pulled backwards. The lights hissed and hopped off of my leg, hissing as they floating toward me. I screamed and squirmed, trying to break free of the grip. I managed to get out of whatever was holding me and stood up to run away. But the lights were faster.
They caught up to me in no time and tackled me again. I was going to die. I knew it. I was going to die. What was going to be told to people? I could imagine in the newspapers, the headline reading "TWO TEENS KILLED BY GLOWING LIGHTS". Yes, I'm sure people wouldn't get suspicious.
I whipped around to lay on my back, and watched the lights prepare to cling on to me. I closed my eyes and waited for the gut wrenching pain.
All I heard was a slight humming noise and the bright lights were gone. I opened one eye to see a dark figure over me. Even in the darkness I could see a bright white, smiling grin.
"GISELLE!" I heard a voice call. I changed my attention from the figure to see Devin, starting to run toward me. He was alive thank goodness!
I was about to call his name when the figure moved from the front of me to the back and started to pull me. Oh no, I was going to get kidnapped now?!
I wildly looked around, and squirmed again, trying to break free. "DEVIN!" I screamed as i was being pulled. I must of hit my head on the side of a tree or something, because after I called Devin's name again, the world went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment